Monday, November 06, 2006

What a shock...

What a shock I had today. One of my workmates had a stroke at work.... She is such a strong, stroppy Lady, always on the move, always telling everyone what to do..... There we were waiting for the ambulance - she in recovery position, not responding to us.....me holding and stroking her hand...the other staff stroking her head...
Hours later we find out she had a massive stroke.. It just all seems so unreal. Dont know if she will even make it through the night or has passed on already...
Life, we take so much for granted, as being solid and real and yet it is so incredible fragile, real one minute and gone the next...
Anyways, that's me for today. Sorry not sure if I should post this but then, life is not all about happy happy and pretty pictures... Right now I am feeling sad but ok, getting hugs from Rainer and sending prayers for my workmate and her family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. Your right though life isn't always sweet. My thougths are with you and your workmates and the lady and her family concerned.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*, Ilka. How sad! I'm always saying this very thing. And it's mostly just to get me through the day. And yes, life isn't always happy happy happy......we have sad and low times too which shouldn't be overlooked because someone doesn't like to read or hear them. *hugs* again :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your workmate. It is very sad. Life is not always great, and it is not always long enough either. My thoughts & prayers are with you all.

((HUGS))

Unknown said...

That is so sad. Life is rough at times and moments like that can really bring it home to you.
I used to work in a bank and a customer had a heart attack and died it really freaked me out.
Life is so short we need to saviour the moments.

Creative Options said...

Oh how awful Ilka, it's times like this that remind us just how short life can be.
Big hugs to you and life has it's ups and downs so you can't always be happy, joy, joy when it comes to blogging.
Any chance that this lady will recover?