Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Global dare entry

Is she cute or what 0.O Love this photo of myself!


Fill up a whole page, whoowsie that's a challenge for me ;p It feels rather 'full' to me now - quite subjective I know -I know- . I had a blast kinda throwing things at it and re- discovered some goodies I must have had for some time like those 3 slide frames. I really like them, they have a small tiny text type on them and a transparent cover with the words 'cherish', 'remember' and 'memories' on them. Perfect fit! I am very proud of myself for 'not saving them for a better day' ! I am making progress 0.O
I was amazed how fantastic the photo print turned out. Considering I made a print of a print and the original was rather tiny. Will do this a bit more often with some of my old photos. Well worth it!
Here's the journaling, sorry it's in german... *winks*

Ok ok I translate it;p This photo used to live in my Oma's ( grandmother's ) glass cabinett. I would often go look at it and Oma would join me and then tell stories of the past, of her childhood, of Opa and her, of Opa and me... Opa had a weak heart and died when I was really young. So all my memories are the stories that Oma used to tell me. He sounded like such a gentle warm man and apparently he adored me and I adored him. Certainly always felt very loved when Oma told her stories. One of my favorites is ' Opa and Ilka are picking dandelion leaves for the rabbits. I was quite protective of my Opa and his failing health. So I would tell Opa to sit and rest assuring him I am a big girl Opa! I can pick the basket all by myself... which I did too. We spent many hours thus, him on the bench me in the grass, chatting away to each other while slowly filling the basket with leaves. I also shared my sandwiches with those rabbits, one bite me, one bite for the rabbit..
I wish I could have gotten to know my Opa better. I cherish all the stories my Oma told me and love this photo because it is like a book with invisible pages...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, man, Ilka, this is gorgeous! I nearly cried about your memory. Such a lovely memory to have. I must do more about mine. How did you get a tiny photo to look so good? Does it look pixelated up close? It looks wonderful! Good job, you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ilka, found my way over here. Very very cute photo! Mine was cute too but now sad to say I'm just wrinkles LOL!! Absolutely love your layout, fantastic. Any loved your boot too. Oh yer see you at Scrapcamp!!

Sandra said...

Ilka that is one awsome layout. Love the paper, colour, flowers and story.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Ilka!!! The photo looks awesome, I can't believe what excellent quality it is!

I LOVE THIS LAYOUT!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Ilka!!!
Stunning layout, love the colours and all the flowers....just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love this one Ilka!! The colours are devine and I love that photo./ Great jurnalling too and I had warm fuzzies as I erad about your sammies and rabbit story.....