Friday, October 27, 2006

Crazy life

Well that was a big surprise to see my x-mas boot getting a special mentioning and prize. Gosh I love surprises and presents! Thanks for your support and well wishes!Timing was perfect too - I really needed something to cheer me up!

Came home from another extra day at work which was like stress times 100. I swear every hour the audit gets closer management gets crazier and more stressed out. My boss looks like she didnt have a decent sleep in weeks. I guess with $2 mil at stake thats understandable. 2 minutes before I left for home I got another huge pile of paperwork to fill out... This was supposed to be my week off - yeah right ;p To top it I am now the lucky one to go in on my day off on Monday and get interviewed. Another big wad of paperwork came my way yesterday- all stuff I should be able to rattle off. So my reading material for the weekend is secured ;p
Todays list is another long list not to mention the clients have been disturbed by all these handiman coming and going and fixing things as well as us getting extra training and spending so much time doing paperwork. So much yelling, screaming , shouting and other behaviours I wont mention here lol.
I am a bit nervous about the interview but also so relieved that soon this will all be over and I get my life back!

Between being tired as and my internet probs I havent been able to post much on forums and I miss that.Will post on your blogs tonight or tomorrow - still need to do some work before going to work.
My ISP has decided why not test my patience further. We are in the unlucky group of customers whose internet fails constantly for many days now. Rainer had a talk with them, they are working on fixing it. Meantime their advice is to turn the pc off for 15 minutes and try reconnect. It's an exercise in how not to loose your cool... Try doing that for a few hours with no connect. I feel like screaming!

Finally managed to get a connection and send my DT entry to Meg. She will announce the DT on Monday! So the wait is on...

Gonna go out for dinner tonight and celebrate Verna's birthday. Love it when I have something good to look forward to. Because today is going to be the madest day ever, last chance to 'fix all' which reminds me, I better go update the site specific hazard list now and burn it on a cd to take to work so I can fill more forms out;p

Only great thing about all this extra work is that I promised myself a bit of spending spree for scrap stuff. Want to get some of the new fancy stamps and papers and and and;p
Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilka, your boot is FREAKING AWESOME!!! I can't even say enough good things about it. IT ROCKS!!

So sorry to hear about the stress levels being a bit too high. I hope things calm down for you at least over the weekend so you can have a good rest - you deserve it after all that (not to mention all the rushing to get 2 DT entries in on time, LOL) ... oh and enjoy that shopping spree!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

hey Ilka still grinning at your kick ass boot......far out this audit must be doing your head in....so when will the workplace be assessed? Yipppe I like the thought that you are rewarding yourself for the hard work and hours your putting in.

Kelly Slattery said...

I'll be glad when you're audit is over. I miss your posts!

Unknown said...

Your boot is totally amazing.

Christi said...

Ilka - gosh, don't your bosses know that they are not meant to be working you sooooooo hard! You need some scrapping time to decompress lol. I too soooooo love your boot! I totally want to pick your brain on it cause I thought that would be a totally cool gift for my mom that she could put by her fireplace lol. Well I think so anyway but if I did it in a cowboy style then it would be up her alley. So I will need your help. But obviously when you are less stressed! I'm not sure where you live either. I see it's in Auckland and I have your address for the cj but still unsure of where it's at.

Sandra said...

Hi Ilka. Just found your blog again!! Your boot was awesome. Loved the colours. Hope the audit goes well and things can get back on an even keel for you soon.

Monique said...

Hi Ilka,
Thought both your DT entries were awesome, I know you will have your chance one day! until then I will carry on enjoying your inspirational layouts in the galleries!

Neen and Mike said...

Your boot was so amazing... so creative to even think of something like that...