Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sun is out




Thanks everyone for your supportive comments!
Christi your honesty. Your words made me feel heaps better and understood. Thanks for being open and sharing.

The sun is shining again outside and inside me too. Feeling heaps better now. I looked back at the 'I am messy 'LO and had to grin and was proud of myself too. So that is my response to the 'never good enough daughter' . Talk about selfaffirmation and selfacceptance aye?
Have done a double LO for Meg but not sure I want to enter that one, so will have another go today. Luckily no work today.
Catch you laters, have a good time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Ilka!! What a beautiful flower, too :-)

Unknown said...

Smiling and Shinning!!!

What is that flower?

Ilka said...

That flower is for you lovely ladies!
It's a geranium Lynda.

Christi said...

Your welcome, Ilka, and thanks heaps for your e-mail. I am going to get some time to reply, I promise ;) Yes, sometimes we have to give ourselves the affirmations our mothers can't or haven't given us. Sometimes I have to stop my mom and say 'hey, that's not what you are suppose to say, you are suppose to say this'. Trying to her her on the right track. But yes, I fall under the 'misguided daughter who does everything to upset her mother even though we don't have a close relationship' lol.

Anonymous said...

Am pleased your feeling happier and the geranium looks great. I have struggled this year with the mother /daughter relationship and realise now that I need to put my feelings first for many years I put my mothers. I said to myself earlier this year that I wish my mother could accept me for the woman I have become not the woman she wants me to be. So on that note I put me first!!! She is slowly starting to see that tantys and guilt trips will no longer work. So just know that your not alone.....

Christi said...

Wow, Janine, again that could be me and my mom!!! Yes, it has taken a good 6 years for my mom to come round and even now we still have our moments that I wish she would just get over herself and move on and realize her way isn't always the best way and not everything that comes out of my mouth is an insult to her. Yes, she has a hard time seeing me for me and often makes comments to the fact that I have 'changed'. Well duh! Dont' we all throughout the course of our lives???