Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Yeah - grunge time ;p

Chris has been so cooperative lately. Allowing me to take photos and even commenting on some of my LO's. I thought it's time I make a real grungy feel LO for him. One with all those things any 'decent' t-shirt must have, like a skull..LOL . And voila - here's the result. Entered it into SE fortnightly challenge - theme- number inspiration. He likes it, especially the skull of course;p I had much fun doodling away. Tried to make my doodles a bit grungy and tatoo - y. Oh forgot to mention, it's called - Not so sweet 16 - talks about how it's not been all sweet and easy for him this year with a lot of changes and growing up to do. Like leaving highschool for MIT etc.

Guess I got a bit into the grunge mojo and did another LO for NZ Dares - male + flower challenge. Lets face it, I put a pretty flower on a Chris LO and he might object and call it 'teenager abuse'. He didnt mind these flowers. They are ok... Ok = good in Chris lingo. Had fun with this one. First time I used a mask ( from HS) then grunged it up with chalks, paint and inks. Love using my fingers for that, such fun!!! It got hidden journaling under the got tag - talking about how we are so different in many ways ( looks- personality- spirituality etc ) but so nice we got the same eyes.
Good night and have sweet dreams and great days!

9 comments:

Christi said...

Wow, Ilka, these are stunning! I especially like the 'eyes' one!!! Man, I am just blown away! I have not been brave enough to use my masks yet. Im a bit scared lol. I like the one you used! Do you know what it's called???? Just awesome. I hope you are giving Meg's DT a try???

Ilka said...

Aww thanks Christi:) It's my first time I used a mask. Like you I was a bit apprehensive... All I can say is, get that mask out right now and have fun! It's much easier than a normal stencil or stamps.It sticks wonderfully and can be removed easily too. Truely awesome thing this mask. I want more now!
This one is called 'Floral Bouquet'. Yeah I am thinking of trying for Meg's DT. Just need to find the time to make some special pages and the altered project and the double LO.. I need 48 hour days!

Anonymous said...

Ilka these are fantastic!! MY fav is "you got my eyes" I think mainly because of the way you have used the mask. It really does have a grungy male kinda look to it.....Love it. I love the dfoddling on the "not so sweet 16: as well. Well done!! Oh yeah scraplift the post on my blog.

Roo said...

Love those lo's. The grunge look you have achieved is just awesome.

Rach H said...

WOW Ilka..........your Not So Sweet 16 LO is AWESOME........you are very clever with your doodling.....I even got hubby to check it out + he thought it was very cool too!!
Love your DARE LO too. I can see why your DS is impressed with your LO's.....they are very C.O.O.L

Delys said...

Love those Los Ilka! Love the doodling on the first one and those grungy flowers are awesome. Great pic too.

Hannah said...

Those layouts are SO freakin' awesome Ilka!! I'm totally in awe!! I already posted a reply to the gallery saying that you are an inspiration to me because one day I'll be doing teenage boy layouts too, LOL :-)
Awesome that your son liked it so much and was happy to have his photo taken!

Kelly Slattery said...

Gorgeous stuff Ilka!!!Might have to find my HS mask now...hope I didn't toss it!

Michelle said...

Cool grunge page for a boy. Sooo want one of those masks.