Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Should have been more careful about using a title with the word chaos in it... Life has a habit of noticing little things like that;p
Overnight my life went from happy chaos to stressed, full on chaos. Work, different audits coming up, as usual with minimal notice. Felt like screaming and throwing a tantrum when I heard that. And as if that was not enough this coming Monday the top bosses drop by with a check up visit to start the whole show off . Just found out yesterday... that simply left me speechless. Gone are my free days - desperatly trying to plow through all that needs to be done.
Could not have come at a worse time either as there are so many cool competitions out there. Had it all planned what I was gonna start this week...now I feel flustered and kinda bereft.
The forum girls were so sweet and understanding in their posts, made me feel heaps better - thanks girls! Kelly made a very good suggestion - thank you! She said to take the camera and snap the cause of my resentment for my BOM and scrap it once I got time. She's right better to see the glass half full than half empty and look for the good and opportunities in things.
Lesson for me - keep the 'scrap hat' on even at work and even in stress!

Glad I didn't pull out of Vicky's class last night . Really enjoyed it, the forum girls are such a nice lot and I learned a lot. Vicky has a great way of simplifying things and concepts into easily understandable bits. Once again it's all about perspective and perception, literally and in how and why we approach things. I need to befriend my camera more and be less afraid of all the buttons, technical terms and that fat book called manual.

Well time to go read up on the forums.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilka, what a pain!! Audits ewwwww ...I agree look at that half full glass and use these next few weeks of chaos as inspiration and scrap it for the SE comp!! You might need to balance that chaos with some creativity.

Hannah said...

Wow, that does sound stressful! But I do like Kelly's idea and I think it will make for a great layout!! I really hope you manage to get all the things done that you need to, and that you have some important time for relaxing at home after work - when you can leave work at work it really does help!! I know that's not always possible, but I hope it will be for you. Hang in there!!

PS. Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope to see more of you there :-)

Kelly Slattery said...

Ilka, take your camera to work & get your photography homework done. LOL!

Christi said...

Agh, what the heck??? Ilka, I have been checking your blog and I haven't seen an update since the 'decorations are up' one. Man! I have you bookmarked but it must not be reloading properly! I hope work doesn't make you too stressed out and that you are able to step back and relax!